Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Wunderman Thompson Commerce
We are looking for a strong MuleSoft Developer with experience designing and delivering MuleSoft implementations in an enterprise environment. The successful applicant will take responsibility for the solution they build and working with a Solution or Application Architect, ensure these are well designed, modular, reusable, performant, scalable and extensible.
This is a hands-on role and you will have a keen eye for detail, an intolerance to poor software and interface design and understand methodologies and approaches that result in well tested high-quality systems. You will be involved with all parts of our delivery life cycle including specification, authoring code, code review, functional testing, performance testing and supporting staging and production launches.
This is a senior role working for a digital consultancy responsible for the delivery and support of many high-profile big data and commerce applications which require someone of excellent technical ability looking to make their mark in a diverse and expanding team.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The techy bit. we need you to be really great at:
- Full project life cycle experience in delivering complex, high volume solutions
- Excellent MuleSoft implementation skills, and a strong working knowledge of Anypoint Studio
- Strong understanding of what MuleSoft can provide, and what it cannot provide
- Strong opinions of when the IPAAS platform is the correct place to implement functionality, and when it is not
- Experience with design of interfaces between disparate systems, defining canonical interface forms
- Experience with design and implementation of highly scalable systems
- A good understanding of designing complete systems with both front and Back End components communicating via REST
- Strong skills around data interchange formats such as JSON, XML, etc.
- Experience of using Git or Mercurial distributed source control systems
If you know some of this even better!
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts and UML notation
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes or other cloud deployment paradigms
- Good understanding of Linux or other Unix based systems
- Good understanding of commonly used Java libraries such as Log4J, Apache Commons, Google Guava
- Good understanding of cryptography, certificate management and the development of secure software and protocols
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.