Magento 2 Developer - Contract
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Magento developer required here in our Watford HQ, this is a 12 month contract opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Magento 2 developer, who has worked on several large projects that required customisation of Magento 2 functionality and development of new functionality. Candidates must be able to advise on technical implementation in order to assist the project team.
- Convert requirements into technical and functional solutions for large, complex projects
- Develop and enhance new and existing applications
- Write, test, and deploy code using established standards and procedures
- Understand and adhere to specifications
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing software according to company standards and procedures
- Design and deliver formal or informal training
- Mentor and support other developers
- Review deliverables and provide performance feedback Recommend process and technical improvements
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!
The techy bit we need you to be really great at:
- Experience in developing Magento 2
- Experience in Object-Oriented PHP development
- Experience developing Magento 2 modules
- Experience with Zend MVC Framework
- Strong E-commerce background
- Expertise with development life cycle methodologies and best practices
If you know some of this even better!
- Experienced in integrating Magento 2 to 3rd party applications/Legacy systems (fulfilment, PIM, payment etc)
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Strong relational database skills
- Experience working on Open Source projects
- Integration with Back End systems via web services.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.