Information Technology Specialist, Help Desk Support, Perm, Atlanta
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by ETC
Information Technology Specialist, Help Desk Support
Works independently under general direction of ETC IT/IS Manager; is highly organized; is able to communicate regularly on project and task progress; responsible for resolving issues in a timely manner; must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Candidates must have strong work ethic and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must be willing to travel to remote locations in the Atlanta, GA area to provide support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will administer help desk support to users at all levels onsite. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Respond to email messages and ticketing system for customers seeking assistance.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local Workstation.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software license.
- Administer user accounts in Active Directory, 3rd party applications as well as internal applications.
- Experienced with using Five9 or other Call Center Software.
- Travel to remote locations in Atlanta, GA metro area to provide technical support and service. Must provide own transportation.
- Two or more years working in a Support Services/Help Desk environment
- Ability to triage and understand highly technical software and hardware problems
- Very well organized and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple issues concurrently
- Excellent ability to communicate (verbally and written) as this position will communicate directly with end users.
Some college preferred
Technical Certifications a plus