Contract Project Manager
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Project Manager for a 4-6 month contract role.
This is working with IT projects at the Enterprise level. This is individual who has worked on IT projects in a business setting. They want a business manager in the IT department and want someone with a good consulting background.
- Leads multiple simultaneous cross-functional programs from inception through to deployment.
- Interacts with a variety of business and IT stakeholders as a peer and trusted advisor including multiple interactions with Senior Staff/C-Suite.
- Leads project meetings, providing timely recap and manages the action items outside of meetings.
- Develops and executes against work breakdown structures (WBS) for each project.
- Creates and shares timelines/WBS at the right level and understand how to show high level or milestones to Senior Leaders on projects.
- Executes assigned project efforts in accordance with the Firm's project management methodology.
- Manages resources and escalates appropriately if not getting response needed.
- Actively utilizes Firm's Eclipse PPM system to hold timeline/WBS, issues/risks, financials and status message on a daily/standard basis to reflect current state as Real Time as possible.
- Assigns and tracks resources across project efforts in conjunction with functional managers.
- Influences project team and stakeholders to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Escalates known issues/risks to project success to manager as appropriate when at an impasse where time, cost or resources are affected.
- Manages a vendor assessment which includes creating a request for proposal (RFP), coordinating multiple vendor demonstrations, assisting the Business Partner with scoring and selecting the vendor and finally working with Strategic Sourcing to finalize/negotiate contract.
- Leads business-process analysis and process-improvement activities when business analyst resources are not available.
- Acts as project management coach to functional led (non-PM) projects to follow PMO methodology, guidelines and templates.
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents requirements, design mockups and any other relevant project data.
- Assists with vendor management throughout assessments and implementations of products.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Required experience: 10+ years with a background in consulting, business analysis and process design. Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Master's Degree is a plus.
- Listen, draw out key concepts and articulate advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Effective production support activities, including advanced business and technical writing including writing for high level Executives.
- Document medium to large scale projects with minimal supervision; will be involved in developing/delivering presentations.
- Excellent command of business knowledge.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
- Knows when to seek senior management input or escalate issues based on impact.
- Influence stakeholders on requirement and design decisions that best meet Firm's goals.
- Ability to create and articulate decision trees and alternate path diagrams. The goal is to minimize the trade-offs between cost containment and/or timeliness of service so that both are completely achievable.
- Ability to think and act outside of job responsibilities when necessary.
- Program/Project Management
- Proceeds from concept, to design, to leading the implementation of complex, medium to large scale projects.
- Expert in the use of project management software.
- Uses project management software as a critical tool in charting or adjusting the course of a project.
- Ensures that programs and projects are designed to support and implement company goals and strategic objectives.
- Ability to influence and balance priorities amongst portfolio of projects.
- Expert level knowledge of at least one technology (eg, architecture, design).
- Understands multiple projects in order to integrate them into business solutions.
- Articulate tech jargon and translate tech concepts to business sponsors.