Entry Level Field Technician,Perm, Suwanee,GA
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by ETC
The role of the Field Maintenance Technician is critical to achieving overall company objectives. The incumbent will serve as a team member of the service maintenance organization. They will proactively and responsively deliver field service and maintenance repair on ALL toll collection equipment owned and/or operated by the Toll Way. The overall objective is to maintain equipment so that its functionality is optimized at all times resulting in no adverse impact on traffic flow and/or revenue collection.
Field support of configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Toll Collection Equipment including but not limited to:
- Lane Controllers
- Violation Enforcement System (Controller, Lighting, and Cameras)
- Automatic Vehicle Identification System (RF Transponders)
- Automatic Vehicle Classification (Loops, Treadles, and Optical Separators)
- Local and Wide area network equipment
- Other task assignments as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Works in extreme weather conditions under general direction with assigned resources to plan, organize, and deliver exceptional field service in a manger that meets or exceeds established service metrics.
- Will monitor system performance both on-site and remotely to ensure performance is maintained and optimized within system specifications.
- Expected to maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior, strong customer advocacy skills and professional integrity at all times.
- Provide responsive field and remote service for all ORT and Non-ORT equipment.
- Works on a rotation on-call schedule to ensure after-hours support is maintained at all times.
- Completes routine preventative maintenance on all equipment as defined within the service level agreement.
- Maintains timely and accurate service records through the HEAT service ticketing system on a daily basis.
- Develops technical and product knowledge through various forma/informal training and on-the-job experience.
- Properly maintains company provided resources such as, service vehicle, computer, equipment and tools.
- 24/7 on-call experience in a mission critical environment desired.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Some mechanical or electrical experience required
- Maintenance experience of critical large scale systems preferred but not required
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to use heavy machinery like cherry pickers and forklifts, at tall heights when required
- Ability to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records check
- Ability to regularly lift at least 50 lbs
High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred, AA degree in Computer Electronics highly desired.