Incident Response/SOC Analyst
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Incident Response/SOC Analyst. This role is a SOC analyst role but they are open to people in other areas of IT that want to learn and move into the security field of IT. They will look at someone with a background in networking or web development and wants to learn security. This role will be doing evaluation and escalation of events and incidents to the security administration and engineering teams. This person will lead the remediation of significant gaps in the security of this large enterprise.
- Participate as a member of the global security operations team in protecting the integrity and confidentiality of company information assets while enabling business functionality in all systems and environments by supporting applicable security solutions.
- Assist in security project implementation for testing, monitoring and reporting purpose
- Provide direction on the usage of third party security solutions/tools/services with remote support providers and integration techniques.
- Partner with MSSP/external vendors providing SecOp services.
- Contribute in the evaluation of new or updated security solutions with engineering.
- Evaluate and escalate events and incidents to the Security Administration and Engineering teams based on established escalation procedures.
- Provide Real Time monitoring and timely response to alerts and anomalies generated by security tools
- Identify and develop new security detection use cases, playbooks, and alerts for use within the SIEM.
- Supports departmental and corporate goals by meeting key performance indicators and defined metrics
- Fully support and follow Change Management processes and procedures
- Help standardize documentation for support of assigned systems and applications and help to facilitate understanding and use within level one support organization
Preferred Education & Experience
- Preferred experience of 2 or more years of working in security operations center or incident response role with experience participating as a member of an incident response team
- 3 or more years required of IT or IT security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Hands on working knowledge of at least two operating systems including but not limited to Windows Server, Unix/Linux, and Apple OSX environments required.
- 3 years of experience (minimum) and hands-on working knowledge with a variety of security technologies and processes including but not limited to Firewall (such as Check Point, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), VPN, SEIM (Splunk), HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, data loss prevention (such as Symantec, RSA, McAfee), content filtering technologies, application Firewalls (such as F5, Imperva), vulnerability scanners, forensics software, and security incident response.
- GIAC and ISC2 certifications such as CISSP are highly preferred.
- Splunk certifications are preferred.
- Familiarity with audit support and response, and regulatory compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI-DSS)
- Solid understanding of standard business processes including Change Management, Problem Management, Work Prioritization, Quality Assurance, and Continuous Improvement best practices, etc.