Database Administrator (Linux/Oracle)
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Connect 44 AG
We are currently looking for a Senior Database Administrator to strengthen our team in Zurich.
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the availability, integrity and security of our customers' databases. You'll be involved in the all the stages of database operation and maintenance, from deployment to life cycle. You'll ensure that the database services will be available to the Customer according to the agreed SLAs, the databases are regularly patched and maintained according to the industry standard and that there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency). Our environment is running the following databases versions Oracle 11.2 and 12c on Linux OS. Oracle ASM/asmlib is used;MS SQL Server 2012/14/16 and Postgres 9 and MariaDB 10.
- Minimize database downtime and ensure database service availability
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- control access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- collect and report data to support capacity planning
- work closely with the other IT Infrastructure Back Offices
- communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Monitor database resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personal for problem resolution.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the IT infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Reporting IT Infrastructure operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 8 years of experience in IT operation and management focused on the database are
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator, in particular:
- A good expertise in Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Internet Directory, backup and recovery, database performance, Scripting bash/python.
- Proficiency in database patching and upgrade.
- Proficiency in Grid Infrastructure 12c installation/upgrade/patching.
- Proficiency in SQL Server 12/14 Always On and backup/recovery
- A good knowledge of Postgres and MariaDB in master/slave replication configuration is an advantage