Lead Malware Engineer
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Lead Malware Engineer
- Use expertise in malware analysis/reverse engineering to evaluate and analyze complex malicious code.
- Perform reverse-engineering for suspected or known malware files, determining the TTPs associated with the code.
- Participate in formal technical briefing and proposals.
- Providing mentorship and support to teammates regarding malicious file analysis/behavior, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Capable of identifying need & driving solutions, and providing guidance, in an autonomous manner.
- Develop custom tools designed to automate analysis.
- Perform research around malicious software, vulnerabilities, and exploitation tactics, and recommend preventative or defensive actions.
- Produce detailed reports identifying attributes and functionality of malware, and IOCs that can be used for malware identification/detection, to include behavior, identified infrastructure used for command and control, and mitigation techniques.
- Assist in identifying (hunting) and profiling threat actors and TTPs.
- Develop host and network based signatures to identify specific malware via heuristic and/or anomaly based detection methods.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5+ years overall technical experience in either reverse engineering/malware analysis, threat intelligence, incident response, security operations, or related information security field.
- 2+ years experience with reverse engineering tools like IDA Pro, Ghidra, OllyDbg, Windbg, and Wireshark.
- 2+ years experience of Python Scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks (and Bash or Powershell or Perl C/C++).
- Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis.
- Experience with incident response workflow (or other case management ticketing ) tools such as RSA Archer, ServiceNow, Remedy, JIRA, Resilient, Best Practical Request Tracker, etc.
- 2+ years experience of x86, ARM, and x64 architectures.
- 5+ years experience in application design/engineering, including but not limited to programming/Scripting, Windows/Linux system administration, RDBMS/NoSQL database administration, etc.
- 2+ years experience in penetration testing or ethical hacking
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, and .NET.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals, Windows APIs, and writing and analysing DLLs.
- Recent experience developing custom software and hardware tools to assist in performing reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis.
- Strong understanding of common network and application stack protocols, including but not limited to TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, TLS, XML, HTTP, etc.
- Broad experience with various common security infrastructure tools (NIDS, HIPS, EDR, etc.)
- Exposure to exploit writing, and vulnerability management
- Familiarity with Linux OS and mobile iOS/Android forensics.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: