Oracle DBA (Exadata)
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking two Senior Oracle Database Administrators to join their team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will be responsible for constructing Exadata based Oracle databases that meet business and infrastructure team requirements. You will utilize Oracle Golden Gate as a data migration tool, configure and administer Oracle Physical Data Guard or Golden Gate replication in accordance with Oracle best practices and project requirements.
You will work with Oracle Engineers and service provider to deliver a highly available, resilient and performant database environment. Build new, or upgrade/patch existing databases and associated software in accordance with vendor best practices Deliver required database functionality that meets project requirements on or before defined due date Ensure the detailed physical design of data structures and database complies with enterprise build and configuration standards and processes Install, configure, and maintain Oracle software on database and application Servers as required Install, configure and maintain Oracle Golden Gate for use as a database migration tool Provide consultation to application development teams on Oracle database technical issues and techniques Conduct database performance testing and tuning, user configuration, security and support processes including gather stats, database backup/recovery, partition administration, etc.; Ensure Oracle database environment is secure, provide recommendations for improving database security and implementing approved security improvements Coordinate downtime with application teams and system engineers to implement approved changes Interface with Oracle support to resolve operational issues or questions Follow established IT/DBA policies and procedures
You should have the following skills:
- 8+ Years experience administering Oracle databases
- Proven track record of building/administering databases in Oracle 12c, in accordance with vendor best practice - 18c/19c knowledge & experience helpful;
- Proven track record of building/administering RAC environments on Oracle Exadata Appliances
- Proven track record of building/administering Oracle Golden Gate as a database migration tool - Bi-directional replication experience helpful
- Strong experience with Grid Control, RAC, ASM, Partitioning, OEM, RMAN and other Oracle features/tools - Oracle GDS Experience helpful
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting to help in automating database administration tasks
- Ability and willingness to follow established IT/DBA policies and procedures
- Ability to provide technical direction to others, including application developers
- 4-year degree (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience in a related field of study
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".