PT Substance Abuse Counselor
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by BayMark Health Services
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
Applegate services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
Applegate, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At Applegate, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: PT Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Schedule: Wed-Fri 9a-5p (24 hours)
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients' progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients' achieving overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Masters Degree (MA, MSc, or M.Ed.) with LISW or MSW required
- License required (LCSW, LPC, MHSP or LSATP)
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Certified substance abuse counselor or licensed substance abuse treatment practitioner preferred
What to expect from us:
Applegate a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
Applegate is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.