Senior Media Software Engineer - Barcelona
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by TechNet IT Recruitment (Permanent)
Senior Media Software Engineer required for a leading video communication in Barcelona.
Salary: 70,000-80,000 euros + great benefits
- Strong C/C++ or Java coding skills, and willingness to learn more languages.
- Senior experience working on Back End software engineering, with excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, memory management, and concurrency.
- Experience with Media Communication software technology; including Codecs, Real Time Video Streaming, Media Transport Protocols, and Media Quality-of-Experience optimization strategies in communication systems.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and follow. This position requires ownership of design and implementation of platform components. It also requires an ability to follow established standards and methods when contributing to platform components.
- Specific hands-on experience in software core technology with some of the following: H.264/VP8/OPUS/AAC coding structure, syntax, spec and/or underlying algorithms, WebRTC standards (w3c and/or IETF protocol recommendations), RTP/RTCP, STUN, TURN, ICE, media streaming rate-control, bandwidth estimation, familiarity with Google's WebRTC source code (Chrome's RTC engine), VoIP, SIP, H.323, etc.
- SQL usage and some data science skills to understand and analyse implementations behaviour in production.
- Distributed messaging, publish-subscribe patterns, API design and general networking internals.
- Deep hands-on software development.
- Design/implement new features and strategies to improve media quality and capabilities of the company's platform.
- Contribute to server and software architectures for Real Time media streaming, quality optimization strategies, audio/video archiving, Real Time broadcast, and related systems engineering.
- Design and develop approaches to measure, evaluate and improve quality in the platform end-to-end.
- Working on multiple projects covering from high-performance media Servers to the needed signalling fabric in coordination with client SDK and other teams.