Media Software Engineer - Barcelona - 40,000-60,000 euros + great bene
Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by TechNet IT Recruitment (Permanent)
Media Software Engineer required for a leading video communication in Barcelona.
Salary: 40,000-60,000 euros + great benefits
- Experience working on Back End software engineering, with excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong C/C++ or Java coding skills, and willingness to learn more languages.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, memory management, and concurrency.
- Familiarity with Media Communication software technology; including Codecs, Real Time Video Streaming, Media Transport Protocols, and Media Quality-of-Experience optimization strategies in communication systems.
- Track record of delivering high quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly customer-centric and enjoy working on large-scale problems, shipping high performance systems software while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to follow established standards and methods when contributing to platform components.
- Specific hands-on experience in software core technology with some of the following: H.264/VP8/OPUS/AAC coding structure, syntax, spec and/or underlying algorithms, WebRTC standards (w3c and/or IETF protocol recommendations), RTP/RTCP, STUN, TURN, ICE, media streaming rate-control, bandwidth estimation, familiarity with Google's WebRTC source code (Chrome's RTC engine), VoIP, SIP, H.323, etc.
- SQL usage and some data science skills to understand and analyse implementations behaviour in production.
- Distributed messaging, publish-subscribe patterns, API design and general networking internals.
- Deep hands-on software development.
- Implement new features and strategies to improve media quality and capabilities of the company's platform.
- Contribute to server and software architectures for Real Time media streaming, quality optimization strategies, audio/video archiving, Real Time broadcast, and related systems engineering, etc
- Develop approaches to measure, evaluate and improve quality in the platform end-to-end.
- Working on multiple projects covering from high-performance media Servers to the needed signalling fabric in coordination with client SDK and other teams.