Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Grants Oak Smoked Ltd
* Permanent full time position.
* 40 hours per week, straight shifts.
* Salary dependent upon experience.
* Located in Maryport but working across two sites.
Grants Oak Smoked Ltd are a well-established food processing company selling its premium fresh and smoked salmon products to its customers both domestically and across the globe.
We are seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our engineering team.
The successful maintenance engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will carry out both preventative planned maintenance on all of our machinery and reacting promptly to machine breakdowns to keep downtime to a minimum. The role will require you to work as a member of a small team and liaise with suppliers, contractors and plant partners relating to all engineering issues and ensure that health and safety and food safety procedures are followed.
You will be expected to maintain records in all areas of maintenance and assist with the set up and running of the machinery. You must be pro-active and be able to work under your own initiative and without supervision.
Successful applicants must have:
* Extensive experience of high speed, plc controlled food manufacturing and packaging equipment.
* Formal qualifications in a relevant subject; City and Guilds, BTEC, HNC, apprentice trained in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, plant maintenance.
* Able to update and maintain computerised maintenance schedules.
* High awareness of Health and Safety.
Please click on the button below to apply