Posted on Sep 11, 2019 by Grants Oak Smoked Ltd
* Full time position.
* 40 hours per week, straight shifts.
* Salary dependent upon experience.
*Located in Maryport but working across two sites.
Grants Oak Smoked Ltd are a well-established food processing company selling its premium fresh and smoked salmon products to its customers both domestically and across the globe.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Operative to join our Quality and Technical Team.
The Quality Assurance operative will report to the Technical Manager and is responsible for the daily quality control checks of products and processes including, raw material storage, work in progress and finished goods. This will also include checking that company policies and procedures are adhered to. Ensure that all appropriate records are completed clearly and accurately.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Good knowledge of the products produced and the manufacturing processes used on site.
* Good communicator able to communicate with people at all levels.
* Basic literacy skills.
* Specific Experience
* Experience in a similar role or operational experience is desired.
* Full Training will be given
* Routinely monitor hygiene and production, practices, and product to ensure that GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is being followed. Ensure that the product complies with expected standards in relation to product safety, legality and quality.
* Ensure that all procedures and practices relating to product quality are maintained and adhered to, including the accurate completion of all related paperwork.
* Ensure that all quality control essential equipment such as scales, metal detectors etc are working correctly.
* Ensure that all CCPs (Critical Control Points e.g. Temperature & metal detection; raw materials intake) are being monitored and controlled.
* Monitor the factory and product temperatures ensuring that any out of tolerance results are reported immediately.
* Actively promote a safe working environment for all site staff. Health & Safety is a key responsibility for all personnel on site.
* Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management.
To apply please click on the link below