Performance Test Engineer
Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Performance Test Engineer. This individual will be doing performance testing on web applications. The keys for this role are to have Web service performance experience. Also this individual needs to have experience with HP performance center and LoadRunner experience. This person needs to have experience with Agile test planning tools like JIRA. The last must for this job is to have experience with rational database management (Oracle).
- Extensive experience with performance testing on web based applications and web services involving windows environments.
- Extensive performance testing experience with applications involving protocols like web (HTTP/HTML), web services (SOAP and REST API), Ajax (TruClient) and Oracle (NCA and Web App 11i)
- Extensive experience with Loadrunner and ALM Performance center
- Experience with open source performance testing tools like Apache Jmeter, etc. would be added advantage
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) like requirements gathering & analysis, test planning, test designing, test script development, environment setup, test execution, defect tracking, reporting, regression testing and test closure
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in effort estimation, gathering non-functional requirements (NFRs) and converting them to performance test plan
- Experience in creating and executing performance test strategy
- Extensive experience in all phases of performance testing including test planning, test Scripting, test execution, defect tracking and management
- Extensive experience in creating robust performance test scripts with multiple protocols in challenging scenarios and following the best standards.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and analysing test environment Servers using enterprise monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Appdynamics, Performance or Linux server logs
- 8-12 years' experience in the performance engineering field.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of enterprise application architecture and technologies including web, web services, distributed and Mainframe databases, Mainframe and messaging layers. Must also have a strong understanding of the monitoring solutions and KPIs used to determine availability and performance of these technology stacks.
- Must be well versed in using HPPC 12.5 or greater for advanced test script development beyond the built-in record and playback capabilities.
- Must be well versed in using the reporting/analysis engine for reporting on and correlating system-level events with the impact on the end user experience.
- Must be able to create load test scripts using VUGen with the following protocols: HTTP, SOAP, AJAX and Java.
- Testing, APM Tools & Analysis Tools: Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, Fiddler, IBM Heap Analyzer, Jprobe
- Experience in Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
Must Have Experience:
- Web Service Testing Tool (eg SoapUI)
- Performance Test Tools- MUST HAVE experience with HP Performance Center
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Experience with Agile Test Planning Tools (eg JIRA)