Senior Middleware Engineer DataPower
Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Request Technology
Sr. Middleware Engineer Data Power
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Middleware Engineer Data Power. This role is revolved around Data Power and supporting the systems responsible for application delivery within the infrastructure. This role will be acting as a Sr. Middleware Engineer that will be responsible for the overall support and management of the Middleware Domain and be the subject matter expert for issues related to Data Power technology. For this role they need someone who can design and build REST/SOAP web service API's.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities within the DataPower space specific to this role include the following:
- Support DataPower and other SOA/Web Service technologies up to and including production environment
- Participate in API design and integration sessions
- Generate reports for the DataPower platform for error, capacity and traffic analysis
- Perform day-to-day maintenance for company owned DataPower appliances
- Provide input and recommendations for architectural improvements
- Install, Configure, troubleshoot and deploy applications in an enterprise Middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment.
- Lead cross functional teams in support of initiatives and enterprise level projects. A Sr. Middleware Engineer is expected to be able to plan for and lead other technical engineers in the delivery of an enterprise solution. Understand how other technologies (network, security and databases) impact and contribute to an overall enterprise level solution.
Expectations for the Sr. Middleware Engineer - DataPower role:
- 4+ years of experience supporting current IBM DataPower appliance technologies
- Able to design and build REST/SOAP Web Service API's
- Able to create request transformation policies and scripts within DataPower environments
- Able to perform capacity analysis and growth projections
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
Required Elements for the Sr. Middleware Engineer role:
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience working with Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, and/or WebSphere.) is required.
- 6+ years of experience supporting web based delivery systems (Apache and/or IIS) is required.
- 2+ years of experience designing and supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)