Directory Services Engineer
Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Directory Services Engineer.
This role is all about installing, administrating, and upgrading ForgeRock. They prefer ForgeRock but will look at candidates with experience with other IAM systems like Oracle, PING, LDAP. They will teach someone ForgeRock if they are eager to learn.They will be administrating this on a UNIX/Linux based environment and will be using Open DJ/DS, openDS, UnboundID/Ping Directory, ODSEE, and openLDAP but the main focus is ForgeRock. They are looking for someone with 10-14 years of IT experience and are willing to relocate an individual for the role.
- Design, build, implement, and support COMPANY's IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COMPANY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Experience administering a Unix/Linux-based production environment of Directory Servers, such as ForgeRock OpenDJ/DS, openDS, UnboundID/Ping Directory, Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition (ODSEE), and openLDAP.
- Understanding of LDAP entries, schema, replication, ACIs, filters, monitoring, best practices, and other key aspects of LDAP.
- Scripting of LDAP Server installation with custom configurations (server settings, schema, data, ACIs, replication, etc).
- Use of command line LDAP tools such as ldapsearch and ldapmodify.E
- Experience leading the analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation of LDAP outages in Production environments.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology and 2 years lead experience, OR
- Master's degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology and 2 years lead experience, OR
- At least 14 years of experience in information technology and 2 years lead experience.