Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Dotfive Limited
£35k - 60k salary (depending on experience)
Multiple positions available at midweight to senior level.
Fully-remote position (working from home)
Start date negotiable
Benefits package including company pension and 25 days annual leave
About Dotfive Limited:
We are an exciting, well-established software development company with a wide range of projects to become involved with, mostly involving SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) web applications, but ranging from traditional CMS and eCommerce websites through to cutting-edge Real Time platforms and mobile applications. You will become involved with both Agile and waterfall projects, working on mobile-first, cloud-first, and more. Our clients range from startups through to multi-nationals; blue-chips to government; financial services to education; and everything in between. You will be required to take ownership of the technical design, development, and implementation of new products and services, as well as support and enhance existing systems.
We are looking for:
- A true programmer, a software engineer who creates well-engineered, scalable, clean code, and someone who can bring traditional programming knowledge and broad experience across a range of technologies.
- A keen technologist, you will always be seeking to learn new things and expand your skills.
- An original thinker, producing world-class code for a variety of prestigious clients whilst supporting the team and project goals.
- A developer with three - five years of commercial experience.
- Proactive, with the ability to manage your time well, and work on multiple projects at once (usually two or three).
- An organised self-starter with effective communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and care about the quality of your work.
- A strong grasp of programming theory and be able to adapt your knowledge to fit a given situation.
- Be passionate about DRY principles and be able to create robust, reusable code that can easily be extended and maintained.
You should be confident and competent in all of these, to a high level:
- Node.js, Express
- React OR Angular (both is even better!)
- HTML5, CSS3, responsive UX
- MVC, MVVC
- MySQL, NoSQL
- RESTful APIs, Swagger
- TDD, BDD, testing frameworks
- Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Supertest
- High standard of written and spoken English
The more of these you have experience with, the better:
- React, React Native, Angular.js, Vue.js, Typescript, rx.js
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, RethinkDB, MongoDB
- Python, Ruby, PHP, Go
- Mobile apps
- Writing specs and technical documentation
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive security of tenure, a company pension along with a healthy work-life balance and Full time remote working. (You may be required to attend the occasional meeting from time to time - all expenses paid.)
This is an excellent opportunity with the potential for long tenure, and plenty of chance for career progression.