Test Rig Engineer
Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Consol Partners
Test Rig Engineer
12 Months Extendable
€400 - €450 P/D
A leading electric propultion company within the automotive industry.
- You will work in the R&D test centre.
- You will be part of a fast-moving engineering team in a highly innovative environment.
- You closely co-operate with test engineering, the test rigs operators and various other R&D departments.
- You will take ownership for multiple test rigs where you will ensure efficient and qualitative operation and pursue continuous improvement.
- On the operational side:
- You are the first contact person in case of operational issues of the test rigs.
- You analyse and resolve the issues in a structured manner and avoid future reoccurrence.
- You provide necessary tools and documentation to ensure uniform operation at all test rigs.
- For continuous improvements:
- You perform Measurement System Analysis and Capability Studies to prove the performance of the test rigs.
- You set KPI's and use them to, together with your stakeholders, improve the quality and efficiency of testing.
- You scan for future needs and give input for investments/upgrades at the test rigs.
- You will report to your Test Rig Engineering team leader.
- You have an engineering degree in the field of mechatronics or electro mechanics.
- You have experience (at least 5 years) in the field of automotive testing or process development.
- You have well advanced practical and theoretical skills in one or more of the following technical domains: electrics, hydraulics and mechanics.
- You are an independent, positive person with a can-do mentality and have no problem getting your hands dirty from time to time.
- You are a critical person who dares to challenge established ways of working, is continuously on the look-out for improvements and is committed to implement them.
- You have strong problem-solving skills. But more importantly, you prevent problems by applying a structured personal work method where preparation is as important as execution.
- Knowledge of 8D, 6 , 5S, housekeeping, preventive maintenance and/or safety regulations are a major plus.
- Knowledge of hybrid, automatic, CVT and DCT transmissions is an asset.
- Thanks to your clear communication skills and good knowledge of English, you are proficient in reporting knowledge and results.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the Internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.