Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Haremi Ltd
Are you mathematically minded, with a degree in maths or a related subject?
Are you interested in education, and helping to shape the future of learners and the products they use?
Do you like the sound of a job that offers the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects and different roles?
If you answered yes to these questions, we'd love to hear from you - whether you're a recent graduate or you have some work experience already under your belt.
Haremi is the UK's largest educational publishing services supplier, and we work with most of the biggest publishers in the UK (and a few abroad, too!). Working at Haremi, you'll get to enjoy…
- Being part of a growing team and working from our beautiful offices in a grade II listed building, at the heart of Cheltenham.
- A career structure that's designed to allow employees to explore the different aspects of educational publishing, and progress in the direction that suits them best (whether it's hands-on editorial work, hands-off project management, or something else).
- A range of perks, including flexible working hours, regular funded social events (including Christmas and Summer parties), employer pension contributions, and savings on a new bike through the Cycle to Work scheme.
- A competitive salary based on your current level of experience.
- Occasional visits from Poppy, the office dog, who'll inspect the underside of your desk and accept the occasional cuddle in the process.
We've recently been expanding, and we're now on the lookout for a maths editor to join the team. As maths editor, you'll be involved with a number of tasks including (but not limited to):
- Writing, editing and proofreading educational content for maths publications (and occasionally other subjects too).
- Liaising with out-of-house suppliers and managing relationships to ensure smooth workflows.
- Working with teams of other editorial staff to deliver complex projects involving multi-faceted components, in both print and digital formats.
- Acting as in-house subject matter expert (maths) in order to resolve content queries, review material for quality and support colleagues and suppliers when required.
From our ideal candidate, we'd be looking for the following skills:
- A strong academic background in either maths or a related subject, such as physics or engineering.
- An interest in education and/or publishing. Demonstrable experience in either of these fields would be a benefit but not necessarily a must.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Strong initiative; the ability to identify the needs of a project and suggest or implement constructive solutions.
- Analytical mind with an eye for detail.
- Exceptional literacy skills and an understanding of what makes good editorial copy.
- A positive and constructive attitude combined with an honest and open approach.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates that are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.Unfortunately we cannot deal with enquiries from recruitment agencies.