Network Field Engineer
Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by DCV Technologies
Field Network Engineer - Cisco & Juniper
This is a fantastic opportunity at the largest, business-only, end-to-end communications and IT provider in the UK. Having experienced exceptional growth over the last 5 years we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced certified Cisco or/and Juniper Network Engineer to support the Fixed Networks Delivery and Operational teams in delivering first class managed solutions to our clients.
Ideally the Network Engineer would have good Cisco/Juniper knowledge and be able to install both Cisco and Juniper devices
This is a field based role and the successful Network Engineer will have proven experience in technologies such as WAN, LAN, Internet, WAN Optimisation MPLS, Colocation, SIP Trunking, Security, WiFi etc.
You MUST have experience in both Cisco and Juniper and be ideally certified in both areas for this position
- troubleshooting and support after initial triage by our operations team.
- Support Field Engineers, and other internal departments as required.
- Configurations of equipment and design of solutions.
- WAN, LAN and security Knowledge
- Current CCNA experience with Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Current JNCIA Juniper experience (Routing/switching) SRX & EX series.
- 2nd/3rd Line Support experience.
- SIP experience.
- Hosted solution experience.
- Security hardware experience (Firewall, IDS etc).
- WAN optimisation experience.
- MPLS Knowledge.
- Sophos Firewall experience.
- Excellent listening skills and clear concise verbal and written skills.
- Excellent customer service approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and keen to increase own levels of experience and training.
- Calm, confident manner able to work effectively under pressure.
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive.
- Auto enrollment with PerkBox.
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave.
- Auto enrollment in company Pension scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.