Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by Babcox Media
Babcox Media Inc. an Akron, Ohio-based B2B print, digital and video media company with concentration in the automotive aftermarket, powersports, performance, collision, commercial fleet, engine building and tire industries, is seeking a full time Video Editor.
The video editor is responsible for assisting with video production, shoot planning, execution and formatting as well as the distribution of video content for our company. This is a Full time non-exempt position.
Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive) include:
- Assist with production of in-house video features, including:
Custom video direction
Video editorial/content planning
Misc. video production responsibilities as assigned
Setup and teardown of cameras, microphones and props;
Aiding in the direction of talent;
Organization and cleanup of equipment and studio space;
Editing captured audio and video into online features;
Acquisition of photos, videos and other images for features;
Export and distribution of final video files;
Assists with SEO and Social Media program for various publications;
Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in media/film production or similar;
- At a minimum, 3 - 4 years of experience in video post-production;
- Strong technical experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Premiere Pro and Photoshop are required. Experience with After Effects and Illustrator is preferred);
- Demonstrable video editing ability, with attention to detail, timing, pacing and composition;
- Audio production experience preferred;
- Trade/industry writing experience preferred;
- Experience with video distribution services (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), specifically the administration of accounts on such services;
- Experience with social media websites (Facebook, etc.), specifically the administration of pages and accounts on such services;
- WordPress experience a plus;
- Ability to learn industry demographics and adapt to any changes;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Proven creative skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work closely within a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Mac OS X.
Babcox Media offers competitive salary and benefit packages as well as a creative work environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and writing samples to Babcox Media, Inc., to the attention of Barbara Kimbrew at (see below). No phone calls please.
Please note: Babcox Media does not provide relocation assistance nor does the company sponsor international candidates.