Grants Business Analyst (Grants Management and Loan Services)
Posted on Sep 10, 2019 by ESG Consulting
Seeking a Business Analyst that understands grants management and loan servicing processest to interpret the business needs and operational requirements of two major functions (grants management and loan servicing) and then translate them into relevant technological solutions that will improve operating efficiency and enhance customer service for enterprise-wide customer business needs
You will participate in the planning, design & implementation of new or enhanced systems that may serve multiple entities.Exercises independent judgment and initiative to evaluate and document business processes and workflows, and anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
Candidates should have the ability to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the grants management and loan servicing operation
- Use activity diagrams, scenarios, business analysis, flowcharts, document analysis, business process descriptions, interviews, and workflow analysis to interpret and document the needs
- Gather information from multiple sources and critically evaluate it, reconcile conflicts, disseminating high-level information into details and distinguish user requests from their true needs
- Collaborate proactively with the technology team, program staff, and senior leadership
- Use standard templates and natural language to develop requirement specifications
- Deliver work products throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure the system design as per the needs of the users
- Work independently
- Deploy effective project management techniques
- Work with various databases and preadsheets'
- Understand funds distribution and payment processing
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Effectively apply technology to tasks
- Show attention to detail
- Analyze and effectively problem solve
- Under general supervision, performs complex administrative duties and statistical, financial, or operational data analysis and reporting in support of management decision making in functional area of federal and state grant programs.
- Identifies trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- May partner with other departments, divisions, outside agencies, and vendors to address business issues.
- Exercises various latitudes of independent judgment.
- May administer or provide high level technical and administrative support for various projects, grants, contracts, implementation of procedures, and/or any specialized functions.
- Assists with orientation, training, or providing task guidance of collaborative team members and division partners.
- Supports the user community in the use of functional business tools and support systems.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university AND two to three years of experience related to area of assignment. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Skill Required/Desired Amount of Experience
3 years Professional experience working as a Business Analyst
Experience with grants management and loan servicing processes is Highly desired
Experience evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions Required 2 Years
Experience identifying trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations Required 2 Years
Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations. Required 2 Years
Experience performing user acceptance testing Required 2 Years
Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills Required
The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions Required
Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook Required
Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills Required
Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or related field from an accredited college or university Required
Statistical, financial, or operational data analysis and reporting in functional area of federal and state grant programs Desired
Experience assisting with orientation, training, or providing task guidance of collaborative team members and division partners Desired
Experience supporting user community in the use of functional business tools and support systems Desired