Cognos BI Developer
Posted on Sep 9, 2019 by ESG Consulting
T emp to perm. Seeking a Cognos Bi developer needed to support a Business Intelligence environment using Cognos & other IBM products. To design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Anlaytics 11. Track down and improve or eliminate bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment.
- 5 Years Cognos Analytics 11.x
- 5 Years Framework Manager
- 3 Years Event Studio
- 3 Years Oracle 12c
- 3 Years Star Schema
- 3 Years Multi-dimensional database models
- 3 Years Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related discipline
- Experience with ETL tools like DataStage is a plus
- Desired 2 Years Experience with Tableau
Support a Business Intelligence environment using Cognos & other IBM products. Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues that are critical Work with DBAs, report authors and system administrators to track down and improve or eliminate bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment To design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Anlaytics 11.x Provide technical support to Cognos power users.
- 5-7 years of Cognos BI experience.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse and Business Intelligence concepts and best practices processes.
- Experience with administration, deployment and security setups within Cognos.
- Strong experience in creating Framework models with different layers.
- Strong experience with Report development.
- Experience creating Dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
- Experience and Proficiency in writing Oracle SQL queries.
- Experience with Cognos report performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Java scripts usage in Cognos.
- Strong experience in creating OLAP Cubes using Cognos Transformer.
- Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, able to work effectively with business users to understand and clarify requirements as well as educate and resolve end user reporting issues.
- Some knowledge of Oracle DB Administration Education Requirement Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related discipline
- Cognos Analytics 11.x, Framework Manager, Event Studio, Oracle 12c, Relational, OLAP, Star Schema, Multi-dimensional database models.
- Experience with ETL tools like DataStage is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".