Assistant Account Manager
Posted on Sep 9, 2019 by CV-Library
Brand: First Freelance
Job Reference: V785
The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for an Assistant Account Manager to join our growing team.
Through our brands, we specialise in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance for the UK’s small businesses and contingent workforce – our solutions are market leading, and we’re always looking out for the best possible employees.
As an Assistant Account Manager, you will be aligned with First Freelance, who are one of the UK’s fastest growing contractor accountancy firms. You’ll primarily be responsible for providing accounting, tax and administrative support, working as an individual and part of a team, to a large portfolio of clients.
This is a varied opportunity which will see you work within a diverse and vibrant office environment based a few minutes’ walk from Pimlico station in Westminster. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a career in accounting or administration and enjoys building relationships.
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
* Onboarding of new clients.
* Incorporating companies.
* Registering client companies for VAT and PAYE and Corporation Tax.
* Liaising with clients via telephone, email and post.
* Processing PAYE and VAT returns.
* Processing of payrolls.
* Bank and other reconciliations.
* Adhering to all filing deadlines – including following up with your clients.
* Filing Confirmation Statements and assisting with end of year returns.
* Meeting daily/weekly/monthly deadlines, including clearing of inboxes and post daily.
* Corresponding with HMRC and Companies House on behalf of clients.
* Client management, including filing and general administration of client companies.
* Excellent level of literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Friendly and outgoing personality with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
* Hard working, diligent and consciousness.
* Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
* Able to work to a high level of detail in a faced-paced environment.
* Self-starter and motivated to succeed.
* Excellent academic record.
* Ideally candidates should have at least five A-C grade GCSEs, including English and Mathematics.
* General computer knowledge and good use of Microsoft packages (in particular Excel) is highly desirable.
* Membership of either AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) or ATT (Association of Tax Technicians) or Accountancy qualification highly preferable.
* Participation in our training programme is mandatory and further relevant training or qualifications is actively encouraged.
* Proven practice and industry experience is highly preferable.
* Accountancy, tax and payroll experience is preferable
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £35k Annual
£32k - £36k Annual
£33k - £33k Annual
£19k - £25k Annual
£18k - £21k Annual
£23k - £30k Annual
£23k - £30k Annual