Lead Automation Engineer
Posted on Sep 7, 2019 by Sky Betting & Gaming
We're seeking an experienced Lead Automation Engineer to lead a tight nit, agile, Platform Services squad responsible for the development and support of Sky Betting & Gaming's internal PaaS toolset.
You will be an excellent communicator who is excited by technology, with an ability to communicate technical information to non-experts.
We're looking for a candidate who has exceptional team leadership skills and can employ a 'lead by example' approach, splitting their time between hands on, technical work, and providing hands on line management and offering technical guidance & direction to the squad.How you'll do it…
- You will work closely with the Engineering Manager to prioritise work and align the squad goals with business objectives
- Designing, developing, supporting and optimising the toolset, including Apache Kafka clusters, Chef, Jenkins, AWS and Artifactory
- Designing and implementing projects for new automation and shared tooling
- Developing and scripting in Ruby, GoLang, Groovy, or other languages as necessary
- Supporting other teams with automation and shared toolset queries and requests
- Support and develop our PaaS automation toolset
- Work closely with other teams, implementing changes that help improve speed and release quality
- Own improvements to the tools, following the software development lifecycle through test and into live
- You will help ensure our services meet their service level objectives through automated monitoring and alerting.
- You will proactively investigate the performance of our services to identify enhancements, and report service metrics to the SLM team
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Amazing benefits package featuring things like Pension, Healthcare, Dental, Cycle to Work, Gym Membership and loads more
- Tech Ninja Fund - Annual personal learning & development budget for each and every employee!
- A list of local discounts as long as your arm!
- Great holiday package
- Great coffee ☕️
- Amazing office featuring everything from pool tables, football tables and breakout areas.
- We hire you for you, and celebrate individuality
- We've created the kind of workplace that not only retains talent, but wins awards for it too - including a place on the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list 4 years in a row.
- We're the 6th Best Place to Work 2019 on Glassdoor
- Mental health & Wellbeing programmes
- Diversity and Inclusion and a company commitment to D&I
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .