Associate - Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Posted on Sep 7, 2019 by TPS Group
Location: Novato, CA 94949
Pay Rate: $22.75 (Shift Differentials Apply)
Start Date: ASAP
9 Month Contract Role (Strong Potential to Convert or Get Extended)
Department: Manufacturing Service Group
Job Category: Manufacturing / Production / Operations
On behalf of our BioPharma industry client we are seeking Manufacturing Associates for 9 month contract assignments. We offer very flexible schedules so please see below:
Positions may be 5 x 8 hour shifts, 4 x 10 hour shifts, or 3 x 12 hour shifts. Operations are 24/7, so position may be for any one of several shift schedules. Shifts will be discussed at interviews. Please note candidates will receive weighted overtime for the 2nd shift (10% extra) and the 3rd shift (15% extra). Manufacturing Associates must have a degree or 1-2 years of manufacturing experience and the pay rate is firm at $22.75 for all candidates to ensure internal pay equity.
- Understanding of process theory and equipment operation
- Ability to learn biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes including mammalian cell culture, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation of bulk drug substance
- Support initiatives for process optimization
- Identify and elevate processing issues and support solutions
- Gain experience with automation systems (LIMS, MES, PI, etc.)
- Provide feedback and/or suggested changes to operational procedures
- Assist in the incorporation of new technologies, practices and standards into procedures
- Capable of writing and reviewing process documents
- Understanding of cGMPs as related to Commercial Operations
- Ability to utilize Quality systems (Deviations, CAPAs, Change Requests, Action/Alert Reports, etc.)
- Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of physical movements maybe used on a daily basis: bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling and making numerous equipment connections using hands.
- Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense, push and/or pull items with an average weight of 25 pounds.
- May require work around loud equipment.
- The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
- Requires various shift based work and off hours
- Bachelor's degree in science related area or engineering
- Associate's degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 2+ years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment which includes good conflict resolution and collaboration
- Displays good initiative to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word format to be considered!