Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Sep 7, 2019 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Data Engineer (Spark)
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join an Atlanta based Enterprise Data team in Sandy Springs!
In this role, you will play a key part in building and managing our newly established cloud-based data ecosystem! You will be responsible for building and managing data pipelines and processing, data management, and data security functions. Daily activities will consist of designing, developing and maintaining reliable automated data solutions based on the identification, collection and evaluation of business requirements, including: data models, database objects, and stored procedures. Also, you will have the opportunity to enhance and develop brand new data processes. 30%-40% hands-on programming and 60%-70% functional working with the business and understanding how architecture translates to design.
Enjoy this direct-hire position in the Sandy Springs that offers an excellent culture/environment, modern office space, fully stocked kitchen/break room with mini arcade feel, and enjoy flexible schedule!
- 7+ years Data Engineering experience
- 3+ years experience with Spark
- Strong experience with batch and Real Time data pipelines
- Programming experience (Java, Scala, etc)
- ETL processes and data transformation
- Data Warehouse (modify existing models)
- DevOps exposure with CI/CD tools
- Talend (HIGHLY preferred)
- Python, Java
- Understanding of data science and visualization (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks,)
- NoSQL databases and modelling (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB)
- Exposure to Azure cloud