Senior Voice Engineer
Posted on Sep 7, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Sr. Voice Engineer
Looking for a candidate to focus on Unified Communications and network components. PSTN/VoIP LAN WAN/wireless solutions. 8 plus years as a Sr. Voice Engineer, CISCO LAN WAN networking VoIP TDM Gateways SIP Cubes UC Platforms 10.x CUCM expressway 3rd party VoIP Applications SIP call delivery switchs and Routers Lan/Wan QOS configuration
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing and troubleshooting telecommunications and network systems (including wireless and VoIP) to meet the functional objectives of the business. Involved with the configuration and maintenance of physical and logical Unified Communications and network components. Assists in the design of the telecommunications and network architecture, designs the telecommunications and network infrastructure, and plans and designs PSTN/VOIP/LAN/WAN/wireless solutions. Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing telecommunications and network risks along with contingency planning. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of telecommunications and network management software; researching, analysing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any telecommunications or network deficiencies. Provides Tier 3 support. Involved in the evaluation of new products and services; provides input to supplier management team to establish and manage telecommunications and network-related vendor service level agreements.
- Expertise with network engineering
- Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks, and recommend, design and implement plans for network systems
- Ability to troubleshoot to identify and correct malfunctions and help solve multi-faceted problems
- Working knowledge of network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- 8 or more years of work experience as a Senior Voice Engineer.
- Experience with Cisco Networking, VoIP, TDM Gateways, SIP, CUBEs, UC Platforms 10.X and up, CUCM, CUC, UCCX, Expressway, 3rd Party VoIP applications via GUI and CLI interfaces
- CCIE, CCNP, CCVP or equivalent experience required.
- Telco knowledge to process and execute porting and supporting UC tasks
- Plan, Design, and Implement Voice Over IP (VoIP) Networks to current platform
- Ability to configure VoIP components on Switches and Routers to support remote locations and SIP call delivery
- Interact and negotiate with app owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement VoIP solutions
- LAN and WAN QoS configurations
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with great attention to detail