Government Relations Advisor
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by Global Enterprise Partners
Government Relations Advisor -Brussels - 7 months
Global enterprise partners is currently looking for government relations advisor for a chemical company in Brussels. The mission of the Government Relations EU office is to manage relations with EU institutions and as required, national governments, to advance public policies that benefit the company while reducing risks from policies that threaten business, products and processes.
You will to assist the Associate Director Government Relations, Europe, Asia & International and Head of EU office, by helping to implement a comprehensive political strategy as well as by supplementing and developing outreach towards:
- EU institutions and stakeholders, for selected policy areas, to complement and expand current coverage;
- German federal, and as appropriate regional (Länder), authorities, agencies, trade associations etc., including German-speaking members of the European Parliament.
- 5 years' experience in either government, public service, EU institutions, ideally as an assistant to a member of the European Parliament or similar, consultancy or business in a related function. Strong working knowledge of EU and German political and legislative processes. Experience in working in an international environment.
- University degree in political science, business management, economics or science (chemistry in particular).
- Good communication
- Possession of good business judgement
- Required languages are German (native/fluent) and English;
- Start ASAP
- Duration: 7months (maternity cover)
- Location: Brussels
If you are interested or want more details on the role, please contact Annabelle Zimmer.