Desktop Support Engineer - Aberdeen, Oil & Gas
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by prosource.it
We have an exciting opportunity for a confident, customer focussed and self-motivated Desktop Support Engineer for a permanent position based in Aberdeen. The successful candidate must be willing to work at various client sites across the Aberdeen area and have extensive experience of Desktop environments and support with a strong background in Microsoft technologies. In addition, a proactive, positive and can-do attitude, exceptional communication and customer service skills, along with the confidence to deal with all levels of stakeholders is essential. We are particularly interested to hear from applicants who have or are willing to gain Offshore Certification.
Candidates will need to demonstrate an aptitude and technical skills set within Microsoft environments and have hands on experience resolving common problems in IT systems including but not limited to:
- Provision of desktop support in an enterprise environment
- Building, configuring, upgrading and imaging desktops and laptops
- Supporting remote users
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (2010 - 2016) and Office 365
- Working with call logging tools and track and maintain call status
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of desktops, laptops and printers
- Operating Systems; Microsoft Windows 7 - Windows 10 would be advantageous
- Installing and configuring software
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory accounts and groups
- Good knowledge of relevant IT industry standards and trends
- IT equipment moves and setup
- Asset and licence tracking
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and services such as DNS and DHCP in a TCP/IP environment
It would be beneficial for candidates to possess ITIL® Foundation and/or have experience of working within an environment which has adopted ITIL® methodology, in particular incident and problem management. Whilst not essential, possessing CompTIA A+; Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Technology Specialist (MCTS) or Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or any other relevant technical certifications would be advantageous.
prosource.it is a managed IT services provider focusing on infrastructure, operational and project requirements across the corporate enterprise market. Our global office presence extends from Aberdeen and London in the UK to Houston, Calgary and Dubai. We have a workforce of staff and contractors worldwide.
Prosource.it is committed to recognising and rewarding hard work and offer a competitive benefits package and training and development for all our staff.
Please note we can only consider candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.