Java Developer - Global Payments Operations VP
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: GBAM Technology
Here in our Dublin office a vacancy exists for a committed Java/Mule Technical Lead/Consultant to join the Global Treasury Service Technology EMEA team located in Dublin. Your role will focus on adding deep technical knowledge and leadership to a large internally developed application built using Java and Mule. You will lead the development of a number of work streams, including providing level 3 support, promoting the technical direction as well as leading a number of offshore-based technical resources. You will also work closely with all key partners to deliver quality and timely solutions.
You will provide technical and functional leadership for assigned projects and support tasks aligned to the GPO EMEA (Global Payments Orchestrator) application. You will be involved in the production of concept estimates and participate in all stages of projects, taking a lead role in the application design and development, particularly during the execution phase. You will work closely with team members and Business partners throughout the project lifecycle.
This role will be 'hands-on' and you will be expected to get involved in the execution stage due to the both the limited resources and variety of changes in this area. This is a role for an excellent technologist who is inquisitive and has a desire to learn.
5 reasons to join us
- Opportunity to develop your career: The role offers challenging work, great development opportunities and exposure to numerous treasury and payments applications and their complex infrastructures.
- Great learning opportunities: Continuous learning is a key focus area for the team. There are numerous technical and management training programs, e-courses and classroom sessions which provide excellent opportunity to broaden your technical and soft skills.
- Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across the world: The department has applications, colleagues and customers that are global in their presence. The role provides a unique opportunity to work with people in multiple locations on platforms that support multi-national processing capabilities.
- Great work culture: The team provides an open and transparent work environment, based on strong ethics, values and an emphasis on a good work-life balance.
- Awards and Recognition: The role provides an opportunity to use all your resources and talents to reach your potential and reward your achievements. Recognition is part of the culture and everyone takes pride in their colleague's achievements as much as theirs.
Growth/development opportunities in the role and team
The GPO application is central to the organisation's technical architectural strategy for integrating systems and providing clear management of payment related flows. This is an opportunity for a keen technologist to get involved at a relatively early stage in the application lifecycle and help to shape the platform.
What we offer?
A unique opportunity to work on a global platform which has global customers as well as an opportunity to work in major business transformation with colleagues across the globe.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Leading technical direction / development on projects
- Work in partnership with development and testing resources as appropriate, communication with infrastructure counterparts and business customers
- Interpretation of Business Requirements into design solutions
- Development of solutions using the 'Agile' development methodology
- Coding, Unit Testing and Component Integration Testing (this is a hand-on role)
- Providing Level 3 support
- Estimation for the design and development of changes
- Creation/updating of system functional and reference documentation
- Ensuring timeliness and quality of deliverables
- Regular status reporting to Management
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
Excellent Java development experience - Good knowledge of core Java, Mulesoft, JEE, including Spring, Hibernate, SpringMVC, JUnit, mocking (JMock/Mokito), WMQ, Acceptance Test Driven Development (Cucumber)
- Experience with Agile / SCRUM Programming project methodologies
- Experience in using software configuration management systems (e.g. Perforce, BitBucket)
- Experience in working with colleagues in other locations
- Ability to seek out information with little direction
- Able to work in a demanding environment, juggle multiple projects, use own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical; you will be dedicated, enthusiastic, flexible, and results-focused
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills; willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider teams in team meetings
- Understands the technology infrastructure needed to meet customer/client/business partner needs
- Effectively applies technological expertise to identify solutions and address clients and business partners' needs
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the technology used by the bank
- Remains current on technology advancements and implications for the bank
- Relies on appropriate technology experts for information and advice
- Understands key technology infrastructure concepts
- Builds and maintains interpersonal alliances at appropriate levels, both within and outside the organisation; builds solid relationships characterised by mutual respect, understanding and trust
- Builds partnerships with others outside of his/her own team, and positively represents the company in the communities we serve
- Skilfully influences others to acquire resources, overcome barriers, and gain support to ensure the team's success