Senior Agile Delivery Manager
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Senior Agile Delivery Manager
£80-120k | Birmingham/London | WFH 2 days per week | 10-15% bonus + standard benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for talented Agile Delivery Managers at Senior and Principle levels to join a leading consultancy specialising in large-scale digital transformation projects for the UK public sector.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the company's innovative digital services and platforms meet the user need and the outcomes agreed, whilst ensuring delivery follows good governance and quality standards. You will empower and support teams to perform well, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with company values as well as look for new opportunities to win follow on/new business with existing customers.
Must be comfortable with travel as all Agile Delivery Managers are required to travel to client sites around the UK Tuesday-Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Fridays.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable success managing the delivering of technology-based projects using agile methodology
- UK public sector exposure
- Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplier relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (eg Financial Services, Health or Government)
- Broad technology experience, awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours
- Experience of adhering to robust project governance and technical quality standards
- Experience with pre sales/revenue growth
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations
- (Principle only) Evidence of taking responsibility for contract and commercial terms on projects
- (Principle only) Strong ability to make reasoned decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands, company commercial interests and the impact on internal teams
- Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation
- Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms
- Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within a team or an organisation
- Holds a current and recognised Project or Programme Management certification
- (Principle only) Experience of managing large-scale agile projects involving distributed teams in a multi-supplier environment.
- (Principle only) Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within an organisation.
- (Principle only) Evidence of thought leadership in the public domain.
This is a fantastic opportunity a well-established and high-growth company and my client is able to move quickly for the right Agile Delivery Managers.
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT (see below) or apply now for immediate consideration.