Software Engineer (Java)
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by Harvey Nash Group
- Minimum of 3 years' professional experience in a Java/JEE environment.
- Advanced Java programming skills including Java 8.
- Experience with Open Source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and Web Architecture patterns (MVC, Micro-services).
- Experience with Selenium, TestNG, JUnit.
- Experience with SoapUI, jMeter and other testing tools.
- Ability to produce effective tests at all levels (unit, integration, acceptance).
- Experience with automation tests definition, implementation, automation frameworks architecture and solutions.
- Solid understanding of XML/JSON and interacting with REST APIs.
- Experienced in exposing and consuming Web Services (SOAP/REST).
- Strong knowledge of SQL, query optimization and database engines, preferably Oracle.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM/Kanban) with Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Hudson) and version control (SVN/GIT).
- Experience with scalable, transactional and distributed systems.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Have worked in a continuous delivery environment.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and operational aspects.
- Strong experience in performance analysis, tuning and optimization of server class workloads.
- Experience with deploying applications on a J2EE application Servers, preferably JBoss.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility and web standards (HTML5).
- SEPA - Single European Payment Area business knowledge.