Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Sr. IS Oracle DBA
The IS Sr. Database Administrator would be responsible for design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and operational support of our portfolio of Oracle and SQL Server databases. The IS Sr. Database Administrator works with application and other infrastructure teams to design and deliver business and infrastructure projects. Tasks include solution design, implementation, administration, backup, security, software upgrades, troubleshooting, and issue root cause identification and elimination. The position is part of a team that manages business critical OLTP and multi-terabyte data warehouses utilizing and offering exposure to the latest technologies in the industry such as Real Application Clusters (RAC), GoldenGate, Exadata, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server Clustering, MongoDB and more.
- Plan, design, and build high performance database systems.
- Work with architect, application and infrastructure teams on implementing customer-servicing application releases and infrastructure projects.
- Analyze database & system response time and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Effectively identify and resolve issues within scope of work following established resolution process.
- Participate in, and encourage a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department.
- Participate in on-call duties.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 5+ years' experience of the following are the base requirements for this role:
- Working in a DBA role on a UNIX (IBM AIX or Linux) platform
- Oracle Real Application Clusters/Automatic Storage Management (RAC/ASM)
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Oracle Partitioning
- Shell Scripting and/or PL/SQL Scripting
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Net, Oracle Exadata, OVD, GoldenGate, Hadoop, SQL, etc.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to:
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.