Press Tool Maker / Setter
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by Smurfit Kappa Composites
A global leader in paper-based packaging, Smurfit Kappa are looking for an experienced and self-motivated, PRESS TOOL MAKER/SETTER to join the team at their Composite tube manufacturing site in Whitehaven. The successful candidate will report to the manufacturing manager and be responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of pressed tin components.
Daily duties will include:
* Tool and press maintenance, both preventative and reparatory
* Ensuring on time delivery of pressed components to fit in with an ever-evolving production plan
* Organisation and job prioritisation for press setters
* Support press setters and rectify setting issues
* Actively engage with the department in regard to continuous improvement opportunities
The successful candidate will be/have:
* Experience of working within a press shop environment, both making and setting tools
* Power Press Safety training in accordance with regulation 7 & g of "Part IV of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998"
* Experience of heading a team is desirable but not essential
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* A self-starter with the ability to organise workload and deliver to set deadlines
This role will be based at Smurfit Kappa Composites, Whitehaven, Cumbria.
To Apply please click the Apply button (below) to submit your CV to the employer.