Senior Network Engineer: HFT Financial Client: Amsterdam
Posted on Sep 6, 2019 by BizTek Recruitment Ltd
Senior Network Engineer
Amsterdam, The Netherlands | ENGLISH Speaking | HUGE BONUS | Permanent Opportunity | Sponsorship Offered | NO REMOTE WORKING
Are you a High Frequency Trading (HFT) Senior Network Engineer, working for a Trading company and looking for a new challenge in one of the World's premier HFT Companies based in Amsterdam. This is a BIG bonus financial client and hence paying an OTE of up to 400,000 Euros, with a basic of 150,000 Euros !
As a UK and NL Company, we offer advice to any foreign national thinking about working in The Netherlands eg did you know a Low Tax exists for foreign nationals ? BREXIT combined with Amsterdam becoming a hotbed of IT Development is causing huge interest in working in this iconic city, hence such high bonus financial clients should be of significant interest to anyone meeting the requirements of this role.
As a Network Engineer, you will play a lead role in designing, managing and shaping our client's state of the art, low latency network, while staying abreast of new technologies in the market place and making continued proposals to the business where improvements are possible.
You will be accountable for the architecture, design, and implementation for the Firm's network infrastructure and associated telemetry spanning the EMEA region.
You will earn a base of 150,000 + bonus of 200 - 250,000 pa. Our Client will sponsor.
YOU MUST have worked for an HFT company OR HAVE Real Time HIGH TRANSACTIONAL PROJECT EXPERIENCE. But must be a deal scenario using Precision Time Stamping Protocol - PTP.
Full JD available on application, but if you score highly on the below skills then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a person with:
- Years of work experience as a network engineer or architect ideally in a high frequency trading environment
- A passion for being knowledgeable of the algorithmic trading business, strategies for profitability, various aspects of how such enterprises generate revenue.
- Be able to increase awareness of products traded, venues, locales, and connectivity.
- Be an authority on the optimal design and integration of market data and order routing application stacks within a network.
- Have experience with but not limited to the following hardware:
- IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, Layer 1 FPGA Switching, Matrix Switching, Sniffers, Netflow/sFLow Sensors, Application Performance Monitoring, Network Time Servers
- Have experience with but limited to the following software/OS stack:
- EOS, IOS, NX-OS, RHEL, CentOS, Debian
- Have experience with but limited to the following protocols:
- Ethernet, ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, OSPF, PIM, BGP, IGMP, PTP, GPS, LACP, 802.1Q, 802.1w, LLDP, VRRP, FIX, OUCH, ITCH
- Have working experience with the following technologies:
- Low and Ultra-Low Latency Network and Instrumentation Design, Application Latency Monitoring Design, Time Synchronization Design, time-stamping, FPGA's, ASIC's, Quality-of-Service, NAT, Market Data, Order Routing, Electronic Exchange Connectivity, Ultra Low Latency Long Haul, Exchange DR/BCP Solutions
- Strong working knowledge of automation applications in the networking environment (including but not limited to Python);
- Professional networking certification starting from CCNP and/or CCIE;
- Good understanding of Network Monitoring solutions; (Corvil knowledge is a plus);
- Ability to travel to various office locations on a couple of occasions a year;
- Clear English communication skills are a must;