Professional Services Consultant
Posted on Sep 5, 2019 by ITech Consult
Professional Services Consultant
Our client is a pioneering developer of ERP and business management software. Their sole focus is on advancing and supplying innovative products to customers who have their own unique ways of running their business. They supply heavily customised solutions that reflect even the most complex of business processes to protect their customer's competitive edge.
They are currently looking for a Professional Services Consultant.
The chosen candidate will have ultimate responsibility for the smooth implementation of systems with our client's customers, by ensuring the implementation is mapped effectively to the needs of the customer and planned effectively.
* To effectively project manage the implementation projects, maximising resources and profitability within projects
* To ensure the project is defined effectively and the customer understands the specifications of the software ie What is included/what is not included.
* Ensures customer sign off documentation is complete
* To liaise with the customers to define, or help define, requirements, specifications for modifications to the software.
* To assist the development team with understanding of specifications during the development of modifications and subsequently test and document developed changes.
* To train colleagues in the operation of modified software, as and when required, to ensure a smooth hand over of projects to the support function.
* To train the customer's project team and provide knowledge transfer in the operation of modified software, as and when required
* To provide accounts and associated applications training and demonstration including undertaking demonstrations to support pre-sale consultancy
* To provide accounts application training & consultancy for the customer.
* To take responsibility within an implementation to ensure all customer documentation is completed and in particular that a pre live check list is completed and that the customer is ready to go live
* To resolve, or assist in the resolution, of customer problems and queries arising from the implementation and subsequent live operation of standard or modified software at customer sites.
* To attend project meetings when required, internally or with clients, to gain or impart knowledge on current status of projects and to document details when appropriate.
* To complete all relevant project management documentation and help with standardisation of same
* To assist the support function at all times on current or previously implemented systems, as and when required, by taking support calls from clients when appropriate.
* To cover for colleagues, as and when required, in all areas where knowledge overlaps, and to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be requested.
* Timesheet completion in line with company procedures
* To ensure project work is invoiced and all hours are billed to the customer
* Escalate any complexities to the Programme Manager
* Lives the core values and takes responsibility for ensuring an experience of excellence for the customer
* Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Can present at a senior level and ensure the presentations are pitched commercially and are focused on the customer's needs
* Negotiates with the customer ensuring any conflict is managed professionally
* Influences the customer to follow a process that will help with the smooth transition to iQ
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918197FK
Role: Professional Services Consultant
Location: Co. Louth
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.