Posted on Sep 5, 2019 by Tessella
We are looking for a talented Software Architect with a background in science, mathematics or engineering to join us. Working on complex technical problems, you will help design and develop innovative software solutions that truly make a difference in the world.
Projects are challenging, rewarding and can span a range of activities including:
- Combining domain knowledge and technical skills to understand and solve the complex challenges facing our clients.
- Formulating software and solution architectures across a wide range of industries.
- Leading teams in delivering custom software solutions or tools, being involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Software and architecture assurance within established governance processes
- Building strong relationships, communicating and collaborating with clients and colleagues be they local, remote or off-shore.
Our projects provide plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. They can be based either on client sites or in Tessella offices, so you will be expected to undertake regular travel, usually no more than one hour from your base office but further afield for some assignments. You will be assigned to projects based on your existing skills and experience, but you will also have the opportunity to learn new domains and technologies, to keep your skills at the cutting edge, and to apply innovative thinking and transferable skills to solve new challenges.Requirements
During your career at Tessella, you will learn and develop your skills, but before you join us you should have:
- BSc or MSc in science, mathematics or engineering. A PhD would be an advantage.
- Significant professional software architecture experience, including but not limited to specialisms such as Azure, PaaS, Security and Threat Modelling.
- Recognised architecture accreditations such as TOGAF would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex concepts to clients and colleagues from all backgrounds.
- Experience of working with off-shore teams.
- Experience of delivering architecture within an agile framework would be an advantage.
- The eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new domains and technologies.
We offer excellent future prospects. While we do offer traditional career paths, most staff end up shaping their own based on their aspirations, the skills they have developed and the projects they have worked on. We take personal development seriously and all staff receive an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technical, domain and soft skills, often leading to recognised professional qualifications.Our Culture and Benefits
We are proud of our culture, where a positive attitude, supportive colleagues and commitment to continuous learning are all valued. The wellbeing and engagement of all staff is our priority and we work in a collaborative, cooperative environment with a good work-life balance. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including a profit-sharing scheme and a range of flexible benefits, and we support flexible working requests where possible.About Tessella
Tessella is the Analytics World Class Center of the Altran Group, a global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting. We are leaders in the field of data science and analytics and we have developed a reputation for helping clients solve their most complex technical challenges by unlocking the power of their data, enabling them to make better-informed business decisions.
Our work is at the cutting-edge of high-tech R&D and our projects are varied and rewarding. For example, in pharmaceutical companies we solve computational problems for chemists at the early stages of drug discovery and development, allowing them to get a head start when they begin their experiments in the lab, ultimately getting drugs to market faster. We help consumer goods companies model and simulate new product ideas and perform data analysis to improve their processes. We also support oil and gas engineers with the computational challenges of exploration and production, from reservoir modelling to writing control systems. In space and defence, we have written algorithms and solved complex mathematical problems to control satellites and radar systems.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £65k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£33k - £51k Annual
£70k - £80k Annual