Senior SCCM Engineer
Posted on Sep 5, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Description: We are looking for a senior level SCCM engineer for a contract to perm position starting in the next couple of weeks. The engineer would need to be very experienced in SCCM, and have a bit of experience with Microsoft's inTune.
Location: Dallas, TX
Title: Senior SCCM Engineer EndPoint Configuration & Automation
Duration: 6+ Month C2H
Conversion is $100K-$115K
The candidate would assist us with an SCCM rollout to roughly 40 branches, converting their current imaging server (MDT) to SCCM. The candidate would need to be proficient in all things SCCM, including Operating System Deployment, Desired Configuration Management, Application Packaging and Deployments, Software Updates, Bitlocker Administration, reporting, advanced collection queries, and all things troubleshooting and management in SCCM. The candidate would also need to be proficient in Microsoft inTune management for mobile devices as well as Windows devices. The candidate would also need to be proficient in Active Directory, Group Policy, and other Microsoft configuration management technologies. This would be more of a senior level SCCM role, so 4-5years experience with SCCM is beneficial, along with experience in a diverse, decentralized global environment.
Reviews, analyzes, designs, programs, modifies, develops and implements complex endpoint configuration via automation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform all Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager related tasks and administration including but not limited to:
- OSD/Task Sequence Creation, Driver Management, Configuration Management, Application Packaging, Software Deployment, Software Updates, Desired Configuration Management, Software Metering, Reporting, Bitlocker Administration for a global corporate infrastructure.
- Manage Microsoft inTune configuration, delivery, and administration for mobile endpoints and Workstation endpoints
- Provide support to one or more projects simultaneously
- Deliver projects on schedule
- Work with internal customers on complex needs and may consult with external customers
- Assess and determine technical frameworks for managing endpoints across the organization.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall endpoint management roadmap
- Develop and promote endpoint management methodologies and standards
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate endpoints; take steps to assure endpoint configuration accuracy and validity
- Work closely with project managers on all projects involving endpoints
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of endpoints
- Document the endpoint configuration and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger picture
- Plan and coordinate own work to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Identify and resolve project issues
- Achieve external certifications, memberships, and/or awards/recognition in various areas of specialization
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Five (5) or more years of experience in the related field in a large corporation or consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five (5) or more years working knowledge, production support, and configuration experience of relevant infrastructure systems required.
Experience with Microsofts System Center Configuration Manager and related suite of applications.
Experience with Microsofts inTune and related suite of applications
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly/non-technical language
Must possess a collaborative/team-oriented work approach
Must have strong oral and written skills to effectively communicate ideas and processes
Ability to be flexible within a fast-moving work environment and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
Good organizational, interpersonal, and analytic faculties
Solid troubleshooting skills
Working knowledge of deploying software, patches, operating systems, and configuration items utilizing Microsofts System Center Configuration Manager.
Working knowledge and experience analysing SCCM and system logs and identifying potential issues with deployments, introducing and integrating new technologies into existing endpoint environments, performing routine audits of systems and software, and automating endpoint configuration items.
Experience automating and applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes, installing and configuring new hardware and software, and responsible for adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
Experience implementing configuration items with Group Policy.
Must be a team player who works well with customers and colleagues at all levels
Effective oral and written communication skills
Must possess knowledge of multiple technology environments/toolsets and the associated infrastructure/operations
Experience with the following:
- o ITSM Tools and Processes
- o Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and related tools
- o DameWare and other Remote Connectivity tools
- o Felxera Admin Studio
- o ORCA
- o inTune
- o JAMF
- o Microsoft Teams
- o Microsoft OneDrive
- o Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- o Microsoft SharePoint
- o Microsoft Active Directory
- o System Administration
- o Power Shell
- o Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS and Terminal Services)
- o Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- o Microsoft Hyper-V
- o VMWare
- o Microsoft Windows Server and WorkStation OS (Server 2008 and above, Windows 7 and above).
- o Windows AutoPilot including White Glove