Posted on Sep 5, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a system administrator. This individual will be responsible for the implementation, administration, and recovery for components of our clients IT infrastructure. This role will be working with 800 VMware's and 30 Hosts. This individual needs to have experience with administrating VEEAM Backup and recovery with physical and virtualize Servers. This individual needs to be able to backup large SQL databases. There is some travel involved, about 10% of the time to Chicago, IL.
- Operate the enterprise backup and recovery systems
- Administer Microsoft enterprise software in a VMware and Azure environment
- Manage a highly available data center (compute, storage, security, power, and cooling systems)
- Create and routinely update the company's IT infrastructure and process documentation
- Perform routine tasks and analyze logs to improve performance, stability, and efficiency
- Oversee common business applications as assigned
- Support the business through superior administration of systems and excellent customer service
- Lead the IT disaster recovery planning, documentation, practices, and testing
- Test existing systems for quality assurance and evaluate new systems through proof of concept testing
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerShell, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio.
- Operate as a member of the IT team through mentoring and performing alternate job duties as assigned
- 2+ years' experience
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience and certifications
- Experience administering VEEAM Backup and Recovery with physical and virtualize Servers
- Ability to periodically lift computer equipment up to 50 pounds
- Approximately 15% travel
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$75k - $110k Annual
$55 - $55 Annual
$150k - $200k Annual
$70k - $75k Annual