AWS/Business Intelligence Solutions Architect
Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Business Intelligence Solutions Architect. This individual will be more of a AWS cloud architect/engineer, who understands data lakes and data analytics platform. They need someone with experience with structured/semi-structured data ingestion and processing on AWS using EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, Sqoop, Python, Spark, SQL, Talend, Redshift, R, RDS. They need to have experience with data warehouses and BI applications and experience with BW on HANA.
- Architect, design and build data lakes and data analytics platform.
- Have experience with structured/semi-structed data ingestion and processing on AWS using EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, Sqoop, Python, Spark, SQL, Talend, Redshift, R, RDS etc
- Development using above tools and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Security in the AWS on cloud technology stack.
- Experience with data warehouses and Business Intelligence applications. Experience in BW on HANA; Experience in BW4/HANA, S4/HANA, BODS a huge plus
- Strong Datamodelling capabilities
- Strong system integration skills
- Strong experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Strong relational and OLAP database skills
- Stay up to date with the latest emerging technologies in data lakes, big data, and use cases.
- Work closely with business areas users to understand and define system requirements and then make recommendations on solutions to fit the business need.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business. Ensures that the proposed solution fulfills the business need.
- Works as a team member within IT to develop and implement defined solutions. May need to identify needed resources (internal and/or external) to complete the solution. Then communicates and coordinates these resources for successful implementation.
- Develops technical specifications from which applications will be written to support the business. Works with team members to communicate and ensure understanding of requirements and tasks.
- Develops programs and solutions using appropriate technologies and provides ongoing support in responsible areas.
- Provides test plans and executes technical and functional tests of solutions to verify desired results. Evaluates results and coordinates modifications necessary to meet the requirements.
- 8+ years of application development experience in EDW systems, and 2+ years AWS technology stack.
- Must have excellent knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Must have strong problem solving skills and abilities to debug applications