Digital Solutions Manager (clinical trial technologies)
Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Digital Solutions Manager (clinical trial technologies) for a yearly contract.
Duration: 01/10/2019 - 30/09/2020
About the role:
The Digital Solutions Manager will act as an expert point of contact for supporting clinical trial teams in the selection and implementation of digital solutions in clinical trials and drug development programs; including concept feasibility, design and execution, proof of concept (POC) studies, and demonstrating clinical value. The Digital Solutions Manager is a core team member of the assigned to Patient Centric Remote Trial initiative and holds direct responsibility to manage digital projects with clinical units and will coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders and vendors as required. This requires the ability to influence and lead multi-disciplinary teams across a variety of subject matters with minimal authority to deliver with high quality, and in accordance with approved strategy.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
. Owner responsible for day-to-day delivery of digital health projects to the satisfaction of our internal stakeholders (internal customers).
. Support digital solution evaluations and engagement with external partners
. Develop, design and execute pilot programs, as needed, to evaluate value of digital solutions
. Take accountability to ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures within service delivery scope (eg compliance, QA, etc.)
. Lead one or more projects or workstreams, including the development and maintenance of project charter, requirements document, timeline, and financial forecast.
. Provide solution adoption support to clinical project teams as needed.
. Lead project communication material development for multi-stakeholder management and external purpose as needed
. Lead cross-functional project teams and task forces of multidisciplinary experts across varying areas of technological proficiency ensuring the assessment/execution of digital projects.
. Develop and maintain project charter, timeline, and financial forecast.
. Ensure delivery of development activities for digital solutions to cost, time and quality standards
. Identify unmet needs and opportunities where digital solutions can positively impact GDD operations and develop new or improved processes to increase efficiency and quality of deliverables.
. Develop and manage new processes where no process or precedent exists, while maintaining compliance with current regulations (both internal and external).
. Proactively manage risk, including assessment of impact on clinical operations and development of mitigation plans
. Communicates program progress/issues horizontally and vertically in an open and timely manner
Graduate degree or equivalent in life sciences or computer science, engineering fields
Languages: Fluent English written and oral
- 4+ years of experience in life science/healthcare including expe-rience in clinical research
- Direct experience with digital health or other patient facing clinical trial technologies required
- 4+ years of experience managing complex innovation-related projects
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements around digital health tech-nologies in clinical trials preferred
- Experience presenting/speaking at a senior management level with a proven track record of effectively communicating complex initiatives
- Successful track record of problem-solving and navigating un-charted territory without clear precedent
- Advanced project/program management skills
- Experience in vendor engagement and collaboration highly pre-ferred
- Strength demonstrated in strategic decision making, scenario evaluation, change management and contingency planning
For further details please contact Beata Arciszewska: