Universal Banker, Twinsburg Ohio (Part Time)
Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by The Middlefield Banking Company
The Middlefield Banking Company is a full service FDIC-insured commercial bank and LPL Financial® brokerage headquartered in Middlefield, Ohio. We have 15 branches serving Beachwood, Chardon, Cortland, Dublin, Garrettsville, Mantua, Middlefield, Newbury, Orwell, Powell, Solon, Sunbury, Twinsburg and Westerville, Ohio. The Bank also operates a Loan Production Office in Mentor, Ohio.
Middlefield Bank has proudly served communities across Northeastern Ohio and Central Ohio for over a century. Middlefield Bank recruits, selects and retains qualified employees who represent all segments of the communities we serve and embody our core values. If you are a team player that gives outstanding customer service and does everything with honesty and integrity, you may be a great fit for an opportunity in our growing bank.
The Universal Banker provides exceptional customer service to new, potential and existing customers. A friendly and professional demeanor is expected. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, account openings of all deposit accounts, promote all bank products and services, and participate with IQ Leads calling daily. Receive and process all transactions for customer related business, such as check cashing, deposits, loan payments, safe deposit rent payments, sales of negotiable instruments and processing wire transfers. Assist the Branch Manager as needed with Branch operations within the branch, as well as outside calling efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures including compliance with BSA to include, but not limited to identification of suspicious transactions, potential money laundering, large cash transactions and annual training requirement
- Open new accounts as requested, both consumer and business
- Explain, promote and offer all bank products and services.
- Assist customers with research and inquiries with bank accounts
- Order checks for customers
- Rent safety deposit boxes, Identify, log and admit customers to safe deposit area.
- Monitor performance of IQ Leads requirements, maintaining a minimum of a 90% touch rate
- Create referrals for all bank products and services through IQ Leads
- Place Reg CC holds on deposits for uncollected funds as applicable
- Update funds data board with current deposit rates
- Receive checks and cash for transactions, verify amount and examine check for proper endorsements
- Participate in ALL daily tasks, including but not limited to ATM balancing, Night Deposit, Mail and Vault balancing
- Order daily supply of cash as needed, and piece count all cash to and from the vault.
- Change bait money as required by bank policy.
- Reconcile teller drawer daily.
- Maintains a minimum score of a 3.0 or higher on the Teller Performance Standards
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable State and Federal banking regulations
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED and some college preferred
Minimum experience required to be successful in this job is 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the banking industry.
The Middlefield Banking Company considers applicants for all positions, without regards to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.