Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by TeamBradley
Near Indianapolis, IN
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Our Client, a global financial service corporation, is dedicated to providing their clients with superior customer service while always striving to exceed client expectations. They believe in order to provide quality services to their clients they must employ innovated individuals, that embrace a team collaborative spirit to provide innovative solutions to their customers. They are currently looking for a Sr Model Validation Actuary. The right candidate will be detailed oriented.
- Establish processes for reviewing and validating models, including actuarial projections and reserve calculations.
- Provide implementation of enhancements to processes and methodologies.
- Maintain the model inventory and lead risk assessments.
- Produces reports highlighting any findings related to the reviewed models related to model shortcomings in terms of accuracy of data, appropriateness of model usage, calculation and methodology validity, and sufficiency of documentation and controls.
- Direct model validation reports and analyses produced and make sure standards/best practices are implemented.
- Coordinate remediation activity by collaborating with the modelling unit to solve issues and reports progress.
- Maintains documentation and timetables.
- Collaborates throughout the organization to ensure all organizational models are captured on the model inventory.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of actuarial experience.
- ASA or FSA designation.
- Long-term life and/or annuity products experience.
- ArcVal, MG-ALFA or other actuarial financial software experience.
- Manage and analyze large data using MS Access or SQL Server.
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary.
ID JS13212 - Sr Actuary
Rich Bradley: (see below)