Senior Cyber Security Executive Level - Dublin
Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by E-Frontiers
A Senior Cyber-security Consultant, with a wealth of experience at both a technical level and at senior management level. A reputation as both a thought leader in cyber-security and data protection, and a strong technical background combined with senior leadership skills. A dynamic individual who likes to be challenged with an in-depth knowledge of cyber risk management, cybersecurity, cyber strategy, data protection and business strategy. They will be able to understand the needs of both the C suite and on-the-ground teams and be able to talk to both audiences. Target driven, and passionate about helping customers solve their cybersecurity and data protection risks.
Details of the role
- Develop stakeholder relationships with executive management in our clients, and proactively develop ongoing service and product recommendations for these clients based on their business needs
- Define and provide pragmatic security guidance and architectures that balance business benefit and risk
- Assess and advise on cyber-governance models, data governance models, risk management programs, and data protection compliance frameworks
- Deliver cybersecurity risk assessments, running assessment workshops with clients
- Audit and review client cyber projects
- Examine client's cyber-security controls and make appropriate and practical recommendations that achieve robust security or compliance outcomes
- Consult on security considerations based on system delivery models including internally, hosted, cloud hosted, cloud managed, mobile, etc.
- Provide pre-sales advice and support, working alongside account managers
- Research emerging threats, vulnerabilities and security practices/standards to maintain professional relevance
- Provide complex technical advice, recommendations and consultancy regarding networks, infrastructure, products and services
- Provide guidance around IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS security best practices
- Enable clients to achieve certification to the ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Standard.
- Ensure that all clients receive a professional service in line with our company ethos and values
- Ensuring a first-class service to clients is delivered on time and within budget
- Planning and leading projects while effectively managing resources.
- Leading and mentoring junior team members ensuring a high standard is maintained in line with KPIs
- Demonstrating confidence of a strong technical skill set to clients in relation to cyber-defence and incident response
- Delivering independent trusted advisory services to our clients to enable them to manage their risk profile
- Enable clients achieve certification to the ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Standard
- Work with clients to ensure adherence to regulatory, legal, and relevant governance frameworks
- Manage client relationships and accounts
- Meet and exceed all KPIs and revenue targets
- Plan and attend relevant events and conferences to promote the company brand.
- Excellent technical knowledge of cyber-security, information technology, and business risk
- Strong business understanding and acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to use a variety of communications styles, language, and media, to effectively build relationships with key stakeholders
- Have strong attention to detail and ability to present that detail in a dynamic manner based on its audience
- Excellent planning skills together with project management and prioritisation skills
- Delivery focused - ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Strong analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work on own initiative, yet also strong team player
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management principles and effective risk response strategies
- Passion and drive - willingness to go that extra mile to achieve a target/objective
- Be willing to travel both within Ireland and internationally to our widely diverse client base
- Resilience - ability to meet challenges and pressures head-on and to manage and address set-backs as encountered
- Collaborative - ability to cooperate and to communicate well, and to resolve differences of opinion quickly and mutually
- Flexible and adaptable - ability to improvise and adapt to a dynamic business environment.