SAP Consultant (Transportation Management)
Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: SAP Transportation Management Architect
Duration: 6+ Month contract with strong possibility of extension
Our client is looking for a consultant/contractor for a 6+ month engagement who has a background in integration ECC with Third Party Logistics (3PL) specific to transportation processes. This is a functional role.
- Consultant needs to have deep working experience with EDI integration and also functional expertise in on ECC module (SD and LE Shipments, Deliveries and PO processes)
- Experience in the implementation of EDI projects
- Working closely with the business to produce and document functional and technical specifications for requirements
- Engage and coordinate work with the other functional teams (local and remote) to ensure overall integration of the solutions.
- Coordinate, conduct and support testing, training and documentation of all projects and enhancements
- Expertise in using SAP ECC,SAP ECC system is their primary transactions system
- Knowledge in SAP PO is a plus
- Coordinate daily monitoring and support related to EDI, they use EDI to help integrate with the transportation service provider so if candidates have worked with a transportation or logistics company that is preferred
- Ensures business processes are effectively documented
- Work closely with the EDI analysts on mapping the messages that will be exchanged with the 3PL company
- The position is responsible for the development and implementation of the SAP and EDI processes for the company