Core Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 4, 2019 by IT Human Resources
CORE NETWORK ENGINEER
A leading provider of global digital infrastructure services, the company provides the integrated, globally managed tech solutions that underpin the fast-growing digital economy are looking for an experienced Telecom Network Engineer to join their growing team close to Utrecht
You will be associated with a progressive organization in the area of Information Technology specializing in the Telecom/Datacom domain, as member of the Service & Support Team. The Team has the focus to secure robust and high quality operations and delivery of our core network voice and data service releases. Our carrier grade core network exists of HLR, IN, ITP's, SBC's, GGSN, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, voicemail and network management systems. It has interconnects with various national and international voice, GPRS and signalling operators and MVNO's.The Core IP Engineer's role is to maintain, design and implement IP solutions within an agile DEVOPS team of professionals whilst maintaining a high level of customer support.
As a Core Network Engineer you will bring:
- A college diploma or university degree in a relevant field and 3+ years related work experience.
- Broad experience with Cisco IOS (at least CCNA level, preferably CCNP certified).
- Extensive real business experience with IP Networks (switching/routing/security).
- An understanding of networking and voice applications (TCP/IP protocol stack, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), VPN's, IPsec, GRE, VOIP, DNS, HTTP, etc.) and knowledge of Routers, Firewalls, Switches and LAN environments.
- Experience with or understanding of GPRS (GTP and GSN) and voice protocols (SIP, SS7 stack) would definitely be a plus.
- Profound experience in a relevant 2nd and/or 3rd line support environment.
- Methodical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in product development and interoperability.
- Good listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in an agile team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to produce technical documentation including test plans.
- A hands-on mentality; you take initiative and are eager to learn.
- No problem with participating in an 24x7 'on call duty' rooster (on call for support for major incidents in the evening, night and weekend).
- A challenging work environment with (inter)national customers/suppliers.
- A professional organization with great people to work with!
- Possibilities to gain broad mobile network experience.
- Opportunities to make a difference, to develop and grow.
This is an interesting opportunity for a candidate to be involved in a constantly evolving dynamic organization operating in a sector that is continuously experiencing fast growth. The successful candidate will proactively research current and future technologies that strengthen or complement the team's core capabilities. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of business investments and to assist in implementing new processing procedures.
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.