Avaloq IT Business Analyst
Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
We are currently supporting one of the worlds largest independent financial advisory groups in Zurich, in their search for an experienced Avaloq IT Business Analyst.
Overview of Role
The successful candidate will have a varied and hands-on role working with the Business to understand their requirements and translate them into IT solutions using the Avaloq platform.
- Business Interaction - Working directly with the business to understand their business processes and find ways to improve these through smart and practical Avaloq parameterization solutions
- Requirements Analysis - Bring a structured and methodical approach to analysing and visualizing complex business requirements, mapping these to possible extensions to the Avaloq framework and translating these into clear and precise requirements documentation
- Project Delivery - Define and implement technical solutions either directly, through interaction with IT colleagues from different areas or external consultants
- Parameterization - Convert Specifications into Avaloq functionality through the wide range of parameterization options to meet the Business needs.
- Testing - Manage testing and release of new IT services, with a strong comprehensive approach for covering multiple use cases and business scenarios
- Problem Management - Assist in continual improvement of systems through careful analysis of issues and their causes
Required skills and competencies:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of recent Hands-on Parameterization experience
- Excellent understanding of the Avaloq core system, the underlying concepts and the interactivity between modules. Extensive expertise in various Avaloq modules, able and willing to branch out also in yet untouched modules
- Comprehensive failure analysis and debugging experience, familiar with Avaloq/Oracle error handling
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Oracle) and the use of it in a banking environment
- Ability to write proposals and technical documents and to make presentation to diverse types of audiences
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to management
- Flexible individual willing to get involved where required and keen to face new challenges
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
If this role excites you, and you feel you could take this next challenge in your career, then don't hesitate to send your application or contact me at (see below).