Environmental Scientist/ Engineer
Posted on Sep 3, 2019 by Earth Science Partnership
Earth Science Partnership is looking to recruit an Environmental Scientist/Engineer with 1-2 years' experience to join our team in the Westport office offering exposure to a broad range of areas within the quarry and waste sectors, including, but not limited to, planning and EIAR, waste management, infrastructure development, waste licensing and permits, Industrial Emissions licensing, and environmental due diligence.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Work closely with senior staff in delivering the workload assigned.
• Take delivery under supervision of individual projects from conception to execution.
• Ensure that all deliverables meet the expected quality levels and are delivered on time and within budget.
• Undertake environmental monitoring and or site supervision, interpret & report on findings
• Manage sub-contractors and laboratories and review their work.
• Prepare regulatory applications and assist with their implementation.
• Participate in the preparation of proposals.
• Liaise with and manage client expectations
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
• Educated to degree level in a relevant environmental discipline or a post-graduate qualification in an environmental/engineering relevant environmental discipline
• Desire to move towards Chartership in relevant field
• Candidate should be a high-energy professional with excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills.
• Proven track record in contribution to the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, planning and licence/permit applications for a wide range of projects
• Manage the implementation of regulatory approvals
• Key attributes also necessary include efficient work methods and ability to work both as part of team and on own initiative.
• Familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and guidance and with Health and Safety procedures.
• Responsibilities for the generation of clear and concise report
• Full drivers licence an advantage